The Yukon Bell Tent
Bell tents provide amble space (13ft = 133 sq ft, 16ft = 201 sq ft, 20ft = 304 sqft) comparable to a wall tent but are much easier to set up and move around. Plus, if you’re a fan of yurts, you can essentially get the same functions (albeit with lower side walls) but without needing to worry about wood lattice-work.
- 4 Screened Windows
- Better Material
- Higher break and tear strength than traditional canvas
- More resistant to ultraviolet rays than cotton canvas
- Does not shrink like cotton canvas
- The same deluxe canvas material used in our wall tents
- Made from a waterproof material
- More resistant from mold or mildew than cotton canvas
- Lighter than traditional cotton canvas
- 4 Screened Peak Air Vents
- Zipped in Floor (floor is included)
- Sides can unzip and tie-up
- 3ft sidewalls
- Zippered Front Door
- Complete Frame (Center Peak Pole and A-Frame Poles for the door) – Tents are Not designed for Snow loads.
- Ropes & Stakes (We have upgraded our stakes to larger and stronger material. However, in order to use the larger stakes for around the bottom of the floor you will need to use some rope to to attach the larger stakes to the grommet holes).
- Uncut Stove Pipe Jack w/ Cover (can cut 4″,5″, or 6″ opening) -Stove Jack is sewn over tent canvas. You will need to cut a hole in stove jack material and remove canvas around the opening.
- Tent Bag
- Excellent Sleeping Capacity (click for more info)
The Yukon Bell Tent Features Video:
13 ft Yukon Bell Tent Specifications
B) POLE HEIGHT 8 ft C) DOORWAY HEIGHT 5 ft D) WALL HEIGHT 3 ft E) DIAMETER 13 ft F) AIR VENTS 4 with mosquito netting G) ZIP WINDOWS 4 with mosquito netting (Note groundsheet not shown on picture above)
16 ft Yukon Bell Tent Specifications
B) POLE HEIGHT 10 ft C) DOORWAY HEIGHT 5 ft D) WALL HEIGHT 3 ft E) DIAMETER 16.3 ft F) AIR VENTS 4 with mosquito netting G) ZIP WINDOWS 4 with mosquito netting
20 ft Yukon Bell Tent Specifications
B) POLE HEIGHT 11.5 ft C) DOORWAY HEIGHT 5 ft D) WALL HEIGHT 3 ft E) DIAMETER 19.8 ft F) AIR VENTS 4 with mosquito netting G) ZIP WINDOWS 4 with mosquito netting
Groundsheet: PVC 540g, zips into tent and curves up the wall 3.5″ to keep water out. The tent instructions show pockets for the door poles sewn onto the floor, but we currently are not making those pockets. The door poles are held in place by gravity and rope system. There are some ties inside to help keep the poles in place. Do not use the ties closest to the floor. Allow the pole to angle away. The feet of the door poles should be about a foot away from the way to give the proper angle. Poles: Galvanized steel central pole breaks down into three segments to make it easier to manage. Center pole has a rubber gasket at the bottom and top to protect the floor and canvas. Always make sure you use the gaskets to protect the floor and canvas. Includes an A-Frame pole system for doorway. The longest pole measures 40 inches. The center pole on the 20-foot tents can bow due to each joint connection allowing a little movement. You can replace this pole with a 1 1/4″ rigid pipe (found in the plumbing section) or lumber. Having a thicker wall pipe or lumber for the center pole is also helpful for handling snow loads. Stakes: includes stakes for around the bottom of the tent and ropes. If you expect high winds or rocky ground we suggesting getting some of our larger stakes. Guy ropes: comes will all the guide ropes. One will be longer for the top of the door. Bag: All contents come in a zippered bag with handle. The bag is larger enough to hold tent and poles. Weight: with frames and stakes 13 – 80 lbs, 16 -95 lbs, 20 – 115lbs. Photos: The product photos are of the 16ft model.